Undergraduate Preparation for Admission
- Undergraduate degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a biological or physical science or certain engineering disciplines.
Suggested Undergraduate Courses
The following prerequisite courses are recommended for students applying for graduate study in Biophysics.
- Biology: One year of General Biology or equivalent content
- Physics: One year General Physics or equivalent content, with laboratory
- Biochemistry: Introductory Biochemistry, two quarters or four semester hours or equivalent content, with laboratory
- Chemistry: One year General Chemistry or equivalent content, with laboratory
- Calculus: One year of Calculus or equivalent content
- Statistics: One course of Introduction to Statistics or equivalent content
Students requiring more than two prerequisite courses to remedy a deficiency in these recommendations will not normally be admitted.